statcounter

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

#13 - Erasable Kindness

I had an "in the moment" act of kindness on Friday last week. I was at the airport sitting at a charging area. There was a young lady working on high school math homework across from me. She asked her father for a pencil, but he didn't have one. I reached into my purse and handed her an erasable ink pen. She was surprised but took it and thanked me. As it was nearing time to board she tried to give it back and told me how cool it was. I told her to keep it. It was just a pen, but the way she beamed was priceless. I saw her using it to continue her studies on the plane. Sometimes it doesn't take much kindness to make someone's day easier. Sometimes you just have to be present in the moment and offer to give someone a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment