statcounter

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

#16 - Wonder Women

To say that I'm a Wonder Woman fan is like saying I'm an ice cream fan.  There's a deep rooted love of both that resonates all the way to my soul.  I grew up in Wonder Woman UndeRoos.  I've enjoyed comic book hero movies my entire life - even enduring Green Lantern and The Flash.  Thor is the love of my life, but Wonder Woman... she's my hero.  She believes in love and protecting people weaker than her.  She believes in being honest and fighting for what you believe in.  She's not just a superhero, she's my superhero.

Needless to say, news of the Wonder Woman movie sent me into fits of delight!  I've been looking forward to this time for decades.  I started watching my local theater's web page carefully a couple months ago - just waiting for tickets to go on sale.  I pounced the morning the show was listed and decided I wanted to go the evening of Friday, June 2, which also happened to be the last day of school. And I decided I was going to bring some wonderful women along with me.  I purchased an entire row of seats.  That's right... row H at the Keller Moviehouse at 7:00 on Friday was 10 awesome public school employees who came together to celebrate a fantastic school year and a remarkable superhero.  We laughed, we cheered, and we loved every second of it.  So this random act of kindness was as close to my heart as any before it.  I shared my hero with my friends on a magical day when the whole world stopped to talk about how strong a mystical magnificent made up woman can be.  I loved it so much I went again on Sunday.  Celebrate the strong women in your life - it's an act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment