statcounter

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2017 - the year of risk, $14600, and random acts of kindness

Well friends, 2017 will see me turning 40 years old.  I'm committed to making this a year of celebration, love, and goodness and not one of me lamenting my advanced age.  No resolutions for me, but I plan to focus my year with one word and two big goals.

2017 is my year of RISK.  I worked through the Year of Project workshop through the House of Shine (https://www.houseofshine.com/) and determined that my life will be better if I do more to embrace risk.  I can't wait to see all the ways this shows up in my life, and I'm committed to being brave, embracing danger (the good kinds) and finding ways to take calculated risks this year!

Now for the two goals...  as you all know I am a supporter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  This year I will be supporting overnight walking teams in both Washington DC (Team You are Loved Louder) and in San Diego (Team Love Louder).  In honor of my 40th year, I am going to try and raise one dollar for every day I'm alive up to my birthday (July 7).  That's $14,600.  This is quite a bit more than I've ever raised, but with some effort on my part and help from all of you, I can get there.  Look at me already diving into risk with that lofty goal!  Were you considering getting me a lavish gift for my birthday?!  Pass on that, please, and donate instead:  http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=20735
It's tax deductible, saves lives, and means the world to me.

I'm really excited about the second goal!  This will be the primary focus of this blog in the year ahead.  In 2017 I will complete 40 random acts of kindness in honor of my 40th birthday.  I'm not putting rules or limits on what this will look like because I have a feeling this could be a tremendous gift to myself if I embrace the challenge and look for opportunities.  I am simply committing to do at least 40 completely random kind things before 2017 draws to a close.  Love begets love, friends, and I'm gonna throw it like confetti this year!

Do you want to help me celebrate 40 years of awesomeness?  Donate to AFSP at the link to the right and embrace the challenge to be kind to one another.  I'd love to hear about any random acts of kindness you do!  Come along on this journey as I celebrate 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment