statcounter

Friday, March 24, 2017

#11 - Lunch Crack Fix

One of my best friends is an exceptionally hard working mom who would do anything for me or, frankly, anyone else. She gives from her heart all the time, and she has a hard time accepting help. I certainly understand that tendency - as women we tend to feel like we have to be everything to everyone and allowing someone to help would indicate failure of some sort.  I'm beginning to learn that we are all stronger when we allow ourselves to lean on each other now and again.

So for lunch today I adversely possessed this friend's phone, which has been rather smashed up for the past several weeks. Poor dear hasn't had the chance to get it fixed, so I decided I could tackle that errand. Half an hour later her phone was fixed and we both learned that sometimes letting someone help isn't all bad.  

In today's society we tend to run about in our own little worlds and not see other people's needs or allow others to see ours. I'm going to try and be vulnerable and ask for help when I need it, and this acts of kindness challenge has helped me be more cognizant of the needs of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment