statcounter

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

#9 - Kindness to Self

One of the many awesome things about working for a school is spring break. It's fantastic to get a week off just as flowers are blooming, daylight savings time is making waking up harder, and (frankly) I'm just tired. I often travel over spring break but decided not to this year. Instead I opted for about 40 hours of kindness to myself. I checked into the Ritz in Dallas Sunday afternoon and didn't walk out until Tuesday.  Let's be honest - it's exorbetently priced, ridiculously fancy, and completely self indulgent. But at the end of the day, just a tiny bit of indulgence now and again isn't a bad thing. This week I chose to purposefully be kind to myself for a bit. It was so awesome and relaxing and special. I feel rested. So this random act of kindness is all mine - I appreciate your grace indulging this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment