statcounter

Friday, November 10, 2017

#26 Choosing Not to Rage

I drive from my office in Keller, TX to Texas Christian University in Fort Worth every Tuesday during afternoon rush hour. I'm amazed at how many cars are on the road and how many of those cars are driven by asshats. People cut in line, tailgate, and drive otherwise aggressively. Something about being in a car makes people lose civility. 

This last Tuesday I got in my car and decided today's commute was going to be different. I decided I would drive kindly every chance I got. I let people over, I slowed down to make space when I saw a blinker, I even waved over a gigantic 18 wheeler. Everyone else kept driving like asshats, but I chose not to. Know what?  It made an awesome difference!  By looking for ways to be kind instead of ways to be pissed off was an incredible lift in my spirits!  It was awesome to focus on something positive. That commute was an act of kindness that filled my spirit immensely!  Focusing on the right thing can make all the difference. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to do this the next time I drive into downtown. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete