statcounter

Saturday, November 25, 2017

#30 - Fill 'er Up!

My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew spent a day with me last week before they flew to Ohio to visit family.  I offered to drive them tot he airport and store their car in my garage while they were away.  They flew back home this evening, and I knew that the three hour car ride home after the flight from Ohio was going to make for a very long day.  Kindness came in making that trip home as easy as possible.  I stopped and filled the tank up so they wouldn't have to stop to do that on the way home.  I then stopped at Sonic and got all three of them their favorite drinks - even a lemonade for sweet Keaton!  I also had a feeling 4 year old Keaton might be a bit hungry when they landed, so I got him a corn dog.  All were thrilled with the drinks and snack and appreciative of the fuel.  I was happy to help and happier to get to spend a few precious minutes with them.  Making life easier for others is a pretty soul-filling act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment