statcounter

Sunday, December 31, 2017

#40 - Coming Full Circle

Friends, we made it!  Today is the last day of the year and also saw my last random act of kindness on the #AmandaDoes40 journey.  This year was meant to focus my life in two very intentional ways - be as kind as possible and have as much fun as possible.  Through this year I've learned that those often go hand in hand.  This has been one of the best years of my life, and I owe it to the constant search for ways to be kind.

I also wanted to raise $14,600 this year for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  My tremendous friends Mandy and Ally Griffith walked in San Diego and a large group of remarkable women participated with Amy and me in DC.  Amy also headed up the community walk in Austin and I contributed to that as well.  Through all of these efforts the village I am so blessed to be a part of met and exceeded that goal.  Today, for my 40th act of kindness, I made one more donation to the AFSP in honor and memory of those lost to suicide this year.  Suicide and mental illness continue to be an issue we must address every single day.  We have to continue having the conversations and fighting for those who can't yet see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

As this year draws to an end and I reflect on the year that saw me turning 40 I am nothing but grateful and joyous.  I have chosen kindness over and over again, and I have been blessed a million times over.  As I move into 2018 I will continue to choose kindness.  I will always love louder.

1 comment:

  1. "I have chosen kindness over and over again, and have been blessed a million times over." This fills my heart with gratitude; tis' a philosophy the world needs to embrace. Thank you for your leadership in walking down this pathway. You are, and continue to be one of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete