statcounter

Friday, December 15, 2017

#31 - Planning a big surprise!

At the beginning of the school year a wonderful teacher at Trinity Springs Middle School, Mr. Cornelius, contacted me about pairing up on an act of kindness with his PALS class.  Mr. Cornelius has a class of middle school students who work to make people happy, show leadership, demonstrate kindness, and generally make the world a better place.  This is a dream come true!  So most every Thursday this semester I have gone to the school for about 45 minutes every Thursday morning to plan an act of kindness with these awesome kids.  We analyzed what a successful act of kindness looks like, set up a metric to gauge our act of kindness, brainstormed ideas, then developed a plan.  The students did an awesome job planning and executing what we called Project Ssss, which was a week of No Stressmas for students and staff at the school.  This week the students and their fearless leader Mr. Cornelius decorated the building, greeted everyone with candy canes, played music at lunch, sang carols in the hall, set up a drink station for teachers, and even got permission to use phones at lunch one day.  It was universally held that the week made people happy, and that was the goal.  I gave some time this semester, but I definitely got more than I gave in this adventure.  These kids fueled my spirit, made me feel special, and reaffirmed to me that kids are incredible people who will change the world if we let them.  Heart is full thanks to the PALS of TSMS.  Go Titans!


No comments:

Post a Comment