statcounter

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

#18 - Let's Start Blooming

School starts next week! I always love the first part of a new school year when everything is fresh and full of new possibilities.  It seems like the perfect time to throw around some kindness to try and help start the year off well for people.  Last week during an incredible fine arts PD day I was lucky enough to sit next to an art teacher I had never met before.  We had about a minute to chat and get to know each other.  As I left that day I contemplated ways to make an impact on her and the work she does.  As the lawyer it's not often that I can have a direct impact on the work of a teacher (yes, I have an impact, but it's generally a bit removed).  Inspired by words from the awesome Kim Blann, I decided to try and make her happy.  This week she'll get flowers delivered to her classroom just to remind her that someone is hoping she has an awesome school year.  Few things shout happiness more than fresh flowers, in my humble opinion!

As you go through your next week or two, give a teacher some words of encouragement.  Starting the year right makes all the difference, and they can use the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment