statcounter

Thursday, January 12, 2017

#2 - When you have a Star(buck) in your life

I've noticed that it's easy to rely on those who are consistently reliable.  When you can depend on someone to always be there, always get the work done, always do things just the way you want them...  well, it's easy to forget what life was like before them.  Taking a trusted friend, colleague, or life-saver for granted is way too easy.  My assistant is all of those things; she's a gem, and I'm lucky to have her.  Catherine makes both me and the school district better day in and day out.  I can trust her with the work that comes in, and I know she's going to do it quickly and well.  I am so lucky she's in my world, and today I wanted her to know that I appreciate her.  Nothing says love and kindness like a peppermint mocha.  I've got a Star in my world, and today she got a Starbucks!  I'm trying to remember that random acts of kindness don't have to be directed at random strangers.  Those people closest to me need acts of kindness just as much and maybe more.  Cheers to an awesome assistant who makes my life better!

No comments:

Post a Comment