statcounter

Sunday, January 29, 2017

#5 - Signed, sealed, delivered

My grandmother is one of the most important people in my life. I adore her. She's an incredible 82 year old woman who still works as a nurse 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week. She cares about the patients in her care deeply. She has a heart of gold. My world is so digitized that I often fail to keep up with her life or keep her updated on mine.  Mama Frost doesn't Facebook or Tweet or even email or text. She keeps it old school, which often means we miss each other's day to day happenings. I should do a better job at reaching out in ways she's accustomed. In that spirit, today I used the Touchnote app (allows you to send real postcards from an app on your phone) to send Mama a postcard that just reminds her that I love and miss her. It's important to communicate with those we love in the ways they will get the message and hear us. I think putting a stamp on a love note is an act of kindness. And in the event Mama ever finds her way to the Internet, I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment