statcounter

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

#3 - Honoring Mrs. Pierce

A week ago today Keller ISD lost one of its elementary school librarians.  Mrs. Pierce (Camille) was a beloved member of the Parkview Elementary family and her death has impacted that campus and the District.  She was just 33 when cancer took her, and she leaves behind a husband and two sons, ages 5 and 3.  I never got to meet Camille, and I am saddened by that because of the love that I've seen over the last week.  She was an incredible woman I wish I could have known.  Losses like this are so hard, in part, because there just doesn't seem to be anything that can be done to stop the hurt.  There is nothing I can do to stop the hurt of Mr. Pierce or those young boys.  I can't stop the hurt her parents are feeling this very second.  I can't even stop the hurt her colleagues at school feel.  But I can try to show some kindness from afar.  A memorial fund has been set up to help fund her children's educations.  My third random act of kindness is a donation to that fund.  It won't stop the hurt, but it will honor her memory and legacy as a beloved educator, and that's something.

If you, too, would like to contribute, you can do so at the Camille Pierce Memorial Fund, EECU, PO Box 1777, Fort Worth, Texas 76101.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/obituaries/current-obituaries/article126882354.htm
l#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment